Bishop Terry L. Phillips
· A native of Catawba, NC, Bishop Phillips was born to Mr. and Mrs. Floyd and Pauline Phillips.
· The eleventh of twelve children, Bishop Phillips was raised by Mr. Floyd and Jeanette Phillips.
· Husband to 1st Lady Catrell M. Phillips of Georgetown, SC.
· Graduate of Winston-Salem State University, Winston-Salem, NC - 1992 Bachelors of Arts Degree in Business Administration.
· Ordained Elder on November 17, 1991 - Winston-Salem, NC and the former District Elder of the NC district of the Greater Churches of Deliverance, Inc.
· Began Pastorate October 1993 in Newton, NC.
· Consecrated to the Bishopric October 10,1999 - Winston-Salem, NC.
· Founder and Senior Pastor of Hope Cathedral Word of Life Ministries, Inc. Newton, NC where the Lord is perfecting and exploding the ministry and winning the lost back to Christ.
Ø Presently, duly pursuing a degree in A.A. Physical Education and a Master's Teaching Certificate from Appalachian State University, Spring 2005 graduate.
Ø Will begin MDiv in Theology program, Fall 2005 at Reform Theological Seminary. Aim to obtain a PhD in Theology following the completion of MDiv program.
Call to the Ministry: offer hope and direction to the lost and deprived, and inspire others to gain and recover all for Christ!!!
Personal Theme: Psalm 16:11 - Thy will show me the path of life; in his presence is the fullness of joy and at his right hand are pleasures for evermore.